You’ve watched a YouTube video right?
Let me ask you a question – which matters more, video or audio quality?
… Surprisingly many people think that video quality matters most, but it’s not true.
There’s nothing more annoying than a video with poor audio and nothing more boring to listen to than a speaker who drones on and on.
We’re far more likely to watch an amateur video with great audio than a professionally shot video with poor audio.
In fact, a great sounding voice can make the difference between backers buying into your vision and pledging to your crowdfunding campaign, or just simply clicking off the page.
Don’t get me wrong, I struggle with the quality of my audio and speaking style as much as anyone else out there!
I’ve given boring interviews that probably put people to sleep (Funny, I once got a message from someone who listens to my podcast as they’re falling asleep.).
But, that’s why I decided to bring a voice expert on today!
Tracy Goodwin is an award winning speaking coach and former professional actor who has been helping students build their speaking confidence for 20+ years.
Not only will she show you how to deliver a more engaging pitch, but she’ll teach you how to deliver a pitch that seduces browsers into buyers.
Think of this like a free consulting session. Don’t forget to check out the links below!
In this episode you’ll learn:
- How to improve your speaking style before giving a video pitch.
- Why you need to slow down your speaking speed
- How pauses can help you build up to an “ask”
- What you can do to sound more confident
- Why your speaking volume speaks volumes
- Using storytelling to your advantage
- How to sound better if english is not your first language
- Practical ways to come across as more likable in a crowdfunding pitch
Resources and links mentioned in this episode:
- Captivate The Room
- Tracy’s Courses
- Blab we did (Me talking about crowdfunding)
- BackerKit helps you automate away the painful parts of the survey and fulfillment process. Don’t get buried in the spreadsheets and manual data entry that come with a crowdfunding campaign!
- Fulfillrite helps you ship out your rewards to backers and customers. They also help with ecommerce shipping. They’re real people, ready to answer your questions!